Production Equipment Europe is a leading industrial distributor supplying over 70,000 products to customers across Europe.
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to lead a team of warehouse personnel to ensure the provision of a professional incoming goods, storage, and dispatch service to customers.
Supporting the team with their duties.
- Plan day-to-day schedules to ensure customer due dates are adhered too
- Manage Goods Inwards, supervise order fulfilment and goods outwards
- Coordination with Logistics and Transport with respect to deliveries to internal/external customers
- Management and motivation of Warehouse staff including cross training, holidays schedule & management of time & attendance system for direct reports
- Liaise with other departments to ensure targets and order schedules are met
- Take on project work as required and continuous improvement activities, problem solving
- Observe & Manage daily operations adjust and plan as required
- Resolution of any goods-inward issues and manage stock control process together with Purchasing & Finance.
- Work with HR to manage any performance or Employee Relations Issues
- Ensure compliance with EH&S & Company policies & procedures including Employment Legislation
- Constantly looking for improvements in current operation in order to improve quality, service and cost
- Ensure that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly
- Modify & leverage IT support systems to optimize functionality and provide accurate reporting for key stakeholders
- Ensure of strong communication and alignment with other warehouse locations on a regular basis.
- Working closely with accounts, purchasing and sales departments to ensure a smooth flow of information.
- Working alongside the team with tasks as and when required
Skills & Experience
- Must have 3+ year experience in a warehouse supervisory / management position
- Strong computer skills, MS Office, prior use of a SAP or an ERP System an advantage
- Highly organised and motivated
- Service minded, customer focused and team player with strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Flexible and Pro-active attitude, with an ability to embrace new ideas / initiatives when they arise
- Excellent attention to detail, innovative and dynamic
- Well versed in Lean Management and formatting of SOPs for best practice of warehouse procedures
- Certification and experience to operate Forklifts is desirable