Production Equipment Europe is a leading industrial distributor supplying over 90,000 products to customers across Europe. We are currently recruiting for a Process Expert to work with our client, based in Cork.
Reporting to the Quiptech Business Manager, you will work closely with the onsite Production Supervisor who will be responsible for assigning your day-to-day activities & prioritisation required to achieve the target process metrics. They will also work collaboratively with the other Core Team members and Service Teams on achieving process metrics, implementing corrective actions & continuous improvement.
- First level support for all process issues, in particular continuous monitoring of yield performance & identifying yield detractors for investigation.
- Collaborate with partner teams to identify problems and drive solutions. Such solutions need to be real time and data-driven, whilst also ensuring long-term sustainable improvement of your process.
- End to end ownership of the process will ultimately lie with the supervisor, however you will be an integral part in ensuring that all process metrics are achieved such as yields, UPH, etc.
- In the supervisor’s absence, you will monitor the process, drive improvements, and escalate as required.
- Support the supervisor in reporting of all production activities, ensuring they are carried out accurately and in a timely fashion (example shift performance in the Oryx tools provided).
- Work with the Training department and support training activities within the process when required.
- Escalate issues, when appropriate, and in a timely manner (for example, addressing downtime).
- Drive to close-out open actions with partner teams in an efficient manner.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement & process innovation initiatives which will improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the process while ensuring product quality is maintained.
- Continue to hone your leadership skills, including attending/hosting meetings, preparing communications that are relevant for the target audience, etc.
- Lead by example in participating in personal development initiatives and Inclusion & Diversity events.
Skills & Experience
- NFQ Level 7 in Quality/Process Engineering or equivalent qualification or appropriate industrial experience.
- Problem solver: Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Has a strong ability to focus and simplify to guide team to the most efficient & effective solutions.
- Drives results: Self-starter who can work on their own initiative to meet deadlines & KPI’s.
- Communicates effectively: Has ability to get message across clearly in both group & 1-1 settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Effectively builds relationships and easily gets to know people.
- Situational adaptability: Flexible approach to work and capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Organised: Ability to clearly structure action plans and priorities in an ambiguous environment with numerous competing demands.
- Sees around corners: Asks questions, wonders why and considers what may change in future so as to arrive at optimal long-term solutions.
- Has the potential to be a future people leader, setting a professional standard, demonstrating integrity, taking responsibility, and finding solutions.
- Strong IT skills, preferably familiar with Microsoft Excel, Keynote, and web-based tools.
- Previous experience in a similar role in hi-tech, high volume manufacturing environment is preferable.
- Cross-industry experience is welcome.