Controlled Environments Company (CEC) is a single source supplier and solutions provider to customers operating in critically clean and controlled environments. We are looking for a highly professional and proficient Operations Manager to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will take a lead role in our east coast distribution centre, overseeing areas such as logistics, warehousing, purchasing, and customer service, along with several other key areas of responsibility, ensuring maximum operational efficiency and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Manage new and existing business processes to ensure they function to the highest possible standards.
- Develop, manage, and retain top performing teams across each department for which you are responsible.
- Provide day to day guidance to team members, driving them to meet and exceed targets across multiple elements of the business.
- Ensure operational goals and objectives are met and exceeded so that the highest customer satisfaction levels are being achieved.
- Support and where assigned lead new business requirements and project rollouts. E.g. implementation of new software systems to improve operations.
- Contribute towards the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives.
- Deliver consistent performance against set targets on key customer satisfaction measures and carry out daily/weekly reviews of KPI’s.
- Ensure targets and measurables linked to organisational goals are in place across the company, for all employees, management and leads.
- Drive efficiencies through continuous improvement and lean initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate controls to ensure efficiency and unnecessary cost avoidance.
- Conduct regular performance, safety and quality audits to ensure the highest standards are being achieved.
- Oversee compliance with Health & Safety legislation and Environmental & Quality policies and procedures.
- Address any issues that may lead to customer complaints and ensure all issues/activities are being tracked and resolved through the company’s internal activity program.
- Drive daily/weekly/monthly meetings with team members and/or fellow management to review operational performance, goals, metrics, tasks and objectives, etc.
- Oversee the management of company facilities to the highest possible standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned, or necessary to ensure an efficiently run operation.
Skills and Experience;
- 3rd level qualification in business administration, logistics, or supply chain highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in operations management, or a relevant cross-functional management role also highly desirable.
- History working successfully in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Technically minded with ability to learn and understand the vast range of products and services we provide to our customers.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Applicable knowledge and experience in areas such as warehouse management, inventory management, procurement, logistics, customer support, data analytics, accounting, and other business areas.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced proficiency working with computerised systems such as SAP and with Microsoft programs is essential. Must be a regular and highly proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong performance ethos and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and target driven with the ability to lead and motivate others. Proven problem solver with ability to foresee potential issues ahead of time and identify the relevant solutions to mitigate.