Controlled Environments Company (CEC) is a single source supplier and solutions provider to customers operating in critically clean and controlled environments. We are looking for an EHS specialist to join our team and help oversee the safe and successful delivery of projects.
- Ensure that all processes, procedures, and people within the designated projects are operating in line with our EHS management system.
- Manage the regular revision of RAMS documents relative to the projects and ensure all teams are completing daily task specific risk assessments.
- Ensure adequate safety processes & procedures are in place and are being followed by all.
- Ensure all required records are being generated and saved accordingly.
- Identify areas of risk, assess, and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Investigate accidents/incidents & track actions to closure.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues on EHS matters.
- Attend daily/weekly safety meetings on behalf of the company/project, providing updates as required on safety related matters.
- Carry out regular safety walks/inspections/audits to measure EHS compliance with site procedures and legal requirements.
- Manage good save program ensuring quality of saves raised and subsequent closure and roll out of same across all sites.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Assist in the induction and training of new hires.
- Other projects and responsibilities as defined
Skills and Experience
- 3rd level qualification in EHS coupled with experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Technically strong with an understanding for a broad range of EHS topics.
- Driven individual with ability to work on own initiative
- Good communicator, with strong people skills required
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisation and administration skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to engage others and implement new processes and procedures where required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools and ERP systems
- Certification to provide Manual Handling training and Ergonomics assessment is desirable.