Production Equipment Europe is a leading industrial distributor supplying over 80,000 products to customers across Europe.
We are looking for an EHS specialist to manage and drive improvements in our EHS management systems for both our sites in Galway and Kildare.
- Maintain existing EHS management system, improving where required and roll out of same across other sites.
- Ensure correct safety processes & procedures are in place and are being followed by all.
- Ensure all required records are being generated and saved accordingly.
- Identify areas of risk, assess, and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Investigate accidents/incidents & track actions to closure.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues on EHS matters.
- Carry out regular safety walks/inspections/audits to measure EHS compliance with site procedures and legal requirements.
- Manage good save program ensuring quality of saves raised and subsequent closure and roll out of same across all sites.
- Carry out regular audits of company supply chain to ensure high standards of quality are maintained and Implemented
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Other projects and responsibilities as defined.
Skills and Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in EHS coupled with experience in a similar role.
- EHS Management systems experience would be a distinct advantage
- Technically strong with understanding of broad range of EHS topics.
- Driven individual with ability to work on own initiative.
- Good communicator, with strong people skills required.
- Experience in working within a regulated environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to engage others and implement new processes and procedures where required.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools and ERP systems.
- Certification to provide Manual Handling training and Ergonomics assessment is desirable.