We are looking for a talented, creative and passionate individual to join our e-commerce team on a full-time basis. As part of the team, you are primarily responsible for executing the content strategy, writing engaging text for our websites on our vast range of products and services in addition to the production of customer-specific catalogues and marketing materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain company websites and customer portals: Update the websites with new products and remove discontinued items. Ensure product specifications, images, etc. are all accurate and of high quality.
- Write clear, concise and compelling text that accurately describes products and services to generate sales whilst complying with house style guide.
- Apply SEO principles and best practices to maximise the reach of each product.
- Actively contribute to the department’s content calendar, researching industry-related topics and advising on events/topics for inclusion.
- Create compelling and informative blog posts and articles.
- Production of any customer-specific texts and catalogues and any marketing materials as required, within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Collaborate with designers on the production of website and social media banners, images and marketing materials
- Support and ensure compliance with content guidelines, tone, style, and voice.
- Drive website quality assurance and performance by conducting a variety of QA testing methods including functional, usability and UAT as required.
Skills & Experience
- Min. 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fluent English speaker with a strong attention to detail and grammar.
- 3rd Level qualification in one of the following: English, Linguistics/Translation or Business is preferable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft programmes including excel is highly desired.
- Experience and outstanding skills in writing about technical subjects aimed at a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge and understanding.
- Familiarity with CMS including WordPress and PIM applications is preferable.
- Experience with Magento is an advantage, but not essential.
- Ability to work to and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently yet equally comfortable and strong as a contributing member in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with great problem-solving abilities and an analytical approach to issues that may arise.
- Flexible worth ethic and approach: Hugely varied role in which no two days are ever the same.